Monday, October 11, 2010

Two Years, Too Fast

So sorry, but no fashion talk today. Instead, I want to wish my amazing husband a happy two year anniversary. On October 11th, 2008, Thompers and I had a beautiful wedding surrounded by all of our friends and family. And to celebrate this mini-milestone, he took me on a whirlwind trip to New York City to see Wicked (which I've been dying to see for like, ever!).  

This trip made me realize something about our marriage. Just like our 36 hours in New York, the past two years of my life have flown by so fast. I often find myself thinking about how to accomplish the next thing on my list (like owning a home), or planning for something that will happen down the road (like having a baby). I'm so anxious to get to the next step, that I don't stop and focus on what's happening around me.....renting an apartment with your hubby and a cat isn't such a bad place to be in. And while there were a million and a half things to do in New York City (that we could have exhausted ourselves trying to accomplish), it was nice to just slow down, take a stroll, and hang out with each other.  So with that little epiphany, I hope to slow down, take a stroll, and hang out with my husband for many, many, many years to come.

Here's a few pics from our quick stay...

{The open road doesn't feel so free with a GPS squawking in your ear!}

{The bain of Thompy's existence.....tolls, tolls, and more ($8) tolls}

{Showing off his conservative DC style during a walk through Chelsea}

{My new favorite place...and the organic ice cream cart parked there was a nice little bonus!}

{In a city that makes you feel so tiny, it's nice to be up high for a while....my view from the High Line}

{Empire view from our room at Fashion 26 Such a sweet hotel, and great location!}

{The birthday boy with his birthday treat at DBGB in the Bowery (did I mention his birthday is one day before our anniversary....he's got no excuse to forget!)}

{Enjoying a Cherry Coke Zero out of my Wicked souvenir cup...at home, sigh}


For all the others out there who celebrate an anniversary today, or any day for that matter, I hope you'll take the time to slow down and stroll with your sweetie....there's plenty of life ahead for the two of you!

http://www.thehighline.org/

1 comment:

  1. Awww, you are such a wonderful wife! I'm so thankful Ryan found YOU to love him. xo Thanks for taking care of him.

    ReplyDelete