Friday, October 8, 2010

Stretch it Out

Now, as a lady with a larger bottom half, leggings terrify me. I used to be insanely jealous of my friend, Leigh Ann's, ability to wear leggings nearly everyday (she's got skinny legs) and when people started talking about denim leggings, I thought I would go crazy! 
But jeggings have come a long way in the past few years. There are now a million pairs out there that have the zipper, button, and pockets of regular jeans, but the super-stretchiness and tight fit of leggings. What a great combo! 

{Miley Cyrus in Jet Jeggings, and Jeffrey Campbell clogs (ps-I have these clogs!) via People}

{Katy Perry strolling the streets in a Camo pair, image courtesy of People}

Here are a few swoon-worthy wallet-emptiers...

{7 for All Mankind The Skinny midrise legging style jeans, $150, from net-a-porter}

{Citizens of Humanity Avedon Slick midrise legging jeans, $165, from net-a-porter}



This is a great, more affordable pair

{Blank Denim Five Pocket Leggings, about $80, from Piperlime}


These jeggings, my friends, were the find of all finds. They've got the buttons, zipper, and pockets just like regular jeans....but they are so comfortable I feel like I could sleep in them. Seriously. I found them on sale for $19 in the store, and they came in two different denim washes as well as grey and black. What's even better, they are offered in short, regular, and long lengths and run all the way up to a size 20. 

Where did I find these miracle pants? Old Navy!


These jeggings were so great, I've bought two pairs. They are perfect for wearing with boots, as they are so fitted to the leg that they won't bunch up at the top. I plan on wearing mine all weekend while I'm in New York City with the hubs, celebrating our 2 year anniversary...

Check back on Monday for some super-stylish New York City pictures!
Have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment