Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leather Pleasure

While I'm trying to bring out my inner-edginess, sometimes I have to reign it in a bit and recognize that I'm still a little bit sweet and preppy. I knew that I wanted to embrace the leather trend this fall, but after a humiliating experience trying on a pair of zip-ankle leather leggins (don't ask), I realized that I'm just not that girl. So I asked myself, 'how does one sweeten the rockstar leather pants?' Answer: chop 'em short and wear a leather skirt! And lucky me, there's no shortage of leather skirts (both pricy and afordable) out there right now. Whether you want to sport classic black, or any color of the rainbow, the possibilites are endless. Take a look....

{Blake Lively in Matthew Williamson, image via InStyle}


{Alexa Chung in an adorable pocketed version, photo from InStyle}

A straight-forward, classic cut

Love the side zippers on this version!

Feeling a little frisky? Try a full-on-fringed version


Try a beautiful coffee color for a more collegiate look

Ah Topshop....the trusty stand-by for the girls who want fashion-forward pieces on a minimal budget. Check out these two Topshop leather finds...


Don't want to have to figure out what to pair your leather skirt with? No worries! Topshop takes the guess work out of leather dressing!


Now while I love all of these on-line finds, this was the piece that I scored for an unreal price! Plus, it's one of the most convincing faux-leather pieces that I've ever seen. Not only am I saving money, but saving a cow in the process! That's my good deed for the day.
I'll be wearing this in New York (for a work trip) this weekend with grey knit tights, grey lace up booties, and a striped long-sleeve tee......preppy AND edgy, just like me!


Will you be finding a way to work leather into your personal style this fall? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment