Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Boyfriend {Blazer}'s Back

Now I'm well aware that the Boyfriend Blazer is not a new trend....but I've finally come around to it. I guess I had been behind a desk in corporate America for so long, I became nervous about any blazer I wore looking too much like the suit jacket that I had been forced to wear for many years. 

Last winter I bit the bullet and bought a gorgeous grey wool blazer from J.Crew (thanks so my wonderful bosses who gave me a gift card for Christmas!) However, this blazer isn't going to work for me this fall, as it's pretty heavy. I want something with a longer silhouette in a lighter weight fabric that will work in both warm and cold weather. I want something a little like this sassy Stella McCartney number spotted on Rhianna. Love the length!

{Photo courtesy of InStyle}

I'm loving this black Elizabeth and James version, found on Net-A-Porter. However, I'm not loving the nearly $400 price tag. Eeeek!


{Elizabeth and James James VI Cotton Blend Blazer}

A little more in my range? This blazer from Madwell.  But at nearly $170, I'm thinking I can find something a bit less expensive.

{Madewell Borrowed-from-the-Boys Blazer}

All I can say is God Bless H&M! During a little shopping trip today in Georgetown with my brother, I ducked into H&M thinking my perfect blazer may be waiting for me somewhere on the racks. And boy(friend), was I right. For a measly $100, not only did I find the longer cut lightweight blazer that I've been pining over for a year....but I picked up a preppy, military silhouette blazer too! Talk about a steal. 

This one even has the same pink sleeve liner as the Elizabeth and James version. Sweet!

Love the cut-out and the buttons...this will look great with a pair of cognac leather riding boots. 

I have a feeling I'll be wearing these jackets all autumn long, especially because they look absolutely nothing like the cubicle-sitting, dress code-abiding suits from my previous life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment