Monday, September 27, 2010

Lace It Up

Boots. Boots. Boots. Three cheers for Boots! One of the most quintessential things about cold weather, and certainly one of the most versatile as well.  And what's 'the look' in boots for fall, you ask? Lace Up. Whether worn all tied up, or un-done and slouchy, the combat look is hot. 




Take a peek at these beauties that I've been lusting after...and trying to save up for.





{The celebrity favorite, All Saints Damisi boots, about $250}


Something a little bit more my (financial) speed? How about these pairs from Steve Madden and Baker's...both under $100!

{Steve Madden Commbat boots, about $70, on sale!}

{Embrace the military trend with a peek of camo, Baker's Combat boots, about $90}


Now while I've been dreaming about rocking boots like these on the weekends while I'm strolling around town, I came to a realization last week while at the mall. After trying on a few pairs of lace-up combats (including the kick-ass pair from Baker's!), I had to admit to myself that, sadly, I'm just not that edgy. 

This is a great time for me to launch into my mantra.....what is trendy is not always a perfect fit for you. It's important to stay true to who you are and make the trends work for your personal style. You just won't feel comfortable if you feel like you're dressed in a costume. 
When you're comfortable, you're confident, and when you're confident, you look like a million bucks.

Now back to the boots....
So once I came to grips with the fact that I'm just not the combat type, I started scouring the shoe racks for something that would work for me. The result? The Motorcycle Boot!
They are still cut at the ankle, just like a lace up, but without the laces they seem to be a bit more tame.

Check out these examples





These styles are for sure more my pace....still a bit rugged, but not quite as tough as the lace ups. And the best part of all.....I found this perfect pair for just $60 at the mother-ship for shoe addicts, DSW!


I love the semi-slouchy structure, the strap and buckle details, and the well-worn blackish-gray color. These boots will, without a doubt, be the permanent weekend replacement for my Uggs this year! 














No comments:

Post a Comment