Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lovely Lady

I am loving the fact that feminine blouses and lady-like silhouettes are making a comeback this season! (The ripped-leggings and sloppy flannel shirt look that Miley and LiLo love so much just doesn't work for us gals who work in Georgetown).  At Jason Wu's Spring 2011 runway show, The Blouse certainly stole the spotlight. My mouth goes agape every time I look at these beauties.

{anyone who was at our wedding knows I'm a sucker for a giant bow!}



{all Jason Wu runway shots via InStyle}

As much as we all go gaga over runway fashion, it's great to get inspiration from celebs and their day-to-day (and night!) looks. If only my pockets were as deep as these ladies :-)


{Alexis Bledel in a tie neck version, and Clemence Poesy in Louis Vuitton, both from InStyle}


And even though I am so quick to slam Miley and LiLo, I don't want to come across looking too sweet. Combining a frilly top with edgier chain-detailed jewelry or tough motorcycle boots makes for such a great look, and expresses that angel-on-one-shoulder and devil-on-the-other struggle that all of us often experience. I would wear this Madewell top with this awesome piece from Hive and Honey (about $100 for the blouse and about $35 for the necklace. Super-affordable!)



For those who aren't quite ready to embrace to dainty floral print, or like a little less bulk under your blazer, check out these two sweet and sleeveless options from my favorite mall-staples



As for me personally, I'm still on the hunt for the perfect printed blouse. The Madewell Woodcut blouse may be the one, but a trip to the outlets with my friend Kelly this coming weekend will be the deciding factor on that issue. I'll keep you all posted. 

In the meantime.....check out this feminine (and slightly flapper-esque) top I just picked up on Piperlime. So excited about it....and the $40 price tag! Now I just have to wait the 5-9 business days for it to arrive on my doorstep. Do you think Tom Petty was talking about on-line shopping when he said 
"The waiting is the hardest part"........I think so :-)


This little lady will look adorable under a big blanket cardigan with jeggings and ankle boots....stay tuned for my Blanket Cardi post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment