Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Black Swan, Anyone?

So Saturday night brought around one of my favorite events of the year....The Annual Enterprise Rent-A-Car Winter Gala. When I used to work for ERAC, I would dress a bit more conservatively, as I would be rubbing elbows with my bosses and co-workers. But as soon as I left the company, that timidness went out the window. (Since Thompy still works for the company, I still get to attend) Last year, I made my husband super-nervous when I told him I would be wearing sequined shorts. But he got over it, and the shorts got a ton of compliments. So I knew this year I really had to go big. Now if sequined shorts made Thompy nervous last year, imagine the heart-attack he was having this year when I told him about this.  I found this awesome Feather Skirt DIY from one of my favorite blogs, ...loveMaegan. As soon as I saw it, I knew that this was what I would be wearing to the Gala (because honestly, where else could I wear it!?!?) I followed Maegan's instructions to a tee and the result was............AMAZING!!!!

**Side Note- I was too busy catching up with old friends to take any pictures. So on Sunday morning, I put the outfit back on and made Thompy snap a pic. I originally wore the skirt with black tights....and didn't have a retched, bedtime up-do happening either. Just focus on the skirt, and not my pasty legs or terrible hair or missing make-up** 

Anyone notice my Gehry cuff from Jewelmint? Love it!

So if you have a gala coming up...or really any other occasion that would require a feather skirt, make it yourself! In the end, it was much easier to put together than I though it would be. It held up the whole night and people loved it! 

1 comment:

  1. OOH IT'S SO FABULOUS! ...love it with the button down! nice job!

    lol to "a retched, bedtime up-do"

    ReplyDelete