Monday, July 25, 2011

The Robin to your Batman

The Side Table, oh the Side Table. Often an after-thought and rarely the star of the show, this bit-part player is generally un-exciting and overlooked. Not today! The hubby and I have just finalized a new apartment...in the same building as our current apartment, so it's not that exciting. But it's got two bedrooms, a beautiful kitchen, and a gigantic balcony. It's also left me with a feeling that all of our current furniture is a little bit cheap young, so it's out with the old and in with the new and mature. And I've chosen to start with the all-mighty side table. 

Why would you ever start building a room around a side table, you may ask....Well, I'll tell you. We're going to need a new couch, but I'm hesitant to buy something too flashy and graphic. So I'll get my fix with the side table and the couch will have to follow. The side table will be my Robin (bright red suit, great sense of humor) and the couch will be my Batman (dark, serious, simple suit and cape).  Makes total sense.

Mirrored objects work wonders to make a small space look bigger


I love that this is industrial- without being cold


Ahhh...I'm chomping at the bit to take some spray paint to this table!


So glamorously grown-up


Very 70's-kitch, like something your grandparents had in their game-room when they were young. 


So lady-like. I need a Parisian apartment for this one!


This is such a cool mix of materials


This makes me want to have a cabin on a lake

Feel free to comment on which side table you love best!



No comments:

Post a Comment