Monday, November 22, 2010

Any way you want it, that's the way you paint it

First of all, let me apologize for how long it's been between posts! I've been slacking due to my preparation for the upcoming holidays. Between making a Thanksgiving wreath for my mom and writing something hysterical for a surprise (that I won't go into detail about....don't want to give it away!), I've barely had time to sleep, let alone blog. But now I'm back! 

I realized earlier this week that I was really wanting a canvas bag to use in my everyday life. I have some cute re-usable grocery totes that my mom gave me last year...but they are that nylon material that screams "there's food in here!!!", so I don't love to use them to haul magazines or an extra pair of heels or my laptop. If I had my way, I would carry this Anya Hindmarch (of the "I'm Not a Plastic Bag" trend) canvas tote. I love the orange color and the cheeky message....but not the $230 price tag. Boo.



If you're in the market for a tote that will let people know how you feel about the planet, this is a great option from Make Love Not Trash. 

I'm head-over-heels for this adorable carry-all from 291....such a sweet message. Wink!


So what do I do when I find myself at home with an extra 30 minutes, some extra crafting supplies, and a desire for something that I don't want to pay for? I MAKE IT!

I started with a plain canvas bag, 2" letter stencils, some painter's tape, and some spray fabric paint. 

Spell out whatever you want your bag to read, and tape down the stencils.

Spray paint side-to-side...


and wait for your masterpiece to dry!

All in all, this little project cost me about $15. AND I LOVE IT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment